Today Tilly had a visit from one of her best friends, Ellie. We had not seen them since before we went to Japan mid December.
Ellie and Tilly were playing with her Lego in Tilly's room. A while later they came out. Tilly was holding a perfectly crafted automobile, complete with wheels, windscreen, doors, person, and the person was holding a spanner in her hand.....
And Tilly and I chatted about the car in her hand.
'Wow! Tilly, what an awesome car!
'Yeah! It's great isn't it.'
'Did Ellie make it for you?'
'Yeah, she did! (Big smile all over her face.) (In her other hand were random pieces of lego stuck together to make a stair type formation.... admittedly a fairly substandard effort compared to the car Ellie had crafted. Really it was just a few blocks of lego stuck together.)
'And I made these for Ellie!! (Pause) But then she said she didn't want them!' (Smile all.over.her.face, not a care in the world. Then, a shrug of the shoulders and away she went.)'
What I love about this interaction is the fact that Tilly was a) proud of what she'd 'made' and b) not in the least bothered that her friend had turned them down. And that Ellie would have just said, 'No thanks.' without a malicious bone in her body, nor felt herself superior. Because quite frankly their creations were worlds apart.... Loved that little interaction this afternoon. Oh for the innocence of early childhood!
So cute! I love that Tills, she is so true to herself.
ReplyDelete